Getting Married in Central Colorado: A Step-by-Step Guide to Obtaining a Marriage License

Getting married is an exciting time, but it's important to make sure you have all the necessary paperwork in order. If you're planning to tie the knot in Central Colorado, you'll need to obtain a marriage license. This guide will walk you through the process of getting a marriage license in Central Colorado. It's important to note that you can only get your marriage license within 35 days of the ceremony.

So make sure to plan ahead and get it sometime in the four weeks leading up to your big day. The marriage license must be used in the state of Colorado, and applicants for a marriage license do not have to be residents of Colorado. It's also worth noting that an already married couple can obtain a license stating that they are married to each other. The legal age without parental consent is 18 for both parties involved. If either party is under 16 years of age, a court order from the court's jurisdiction is required.

You can download, print and complete the application or come to the office to complete one. Legal identification is required to prove age, and all forms of identification must be verifiable in the United States. It's recommended that both parties be present to apply for a marriage license. However, if this is not possible, one of the parties must appear with a complete notarized affidavit, as well as identification of the absent party. Your license can be used immediately in the state of Colorado and is valid for 30 days from the date of issue. You can purchase your license at any of the Clerk and Registrar's offices in Colorado.

Former Gilpin County Courthouse 203 Eureka Street Central City, CO 80427 303-582-5321 Birth, Death and Other Vital Records See the common law affidavit form. The person entering into the marriage must submit the marriage certificate to the office of the County Clerk and Recorder within sixty (60) days after the marriage. The family inheritance certificate for births, civil unions and marriages is available from the State Vital Records Office. For additional information, see the official certificates of inheritance. Gilpin County is a rural community in the Colorado highlands, bordering the continental divide, but less than an hour west of downtown Denver.

Gilpin County is home to extensive recreational opportunities offered by Golden Gate State Park, the Arapaho and Roosevelt National Forests, limited gambling in the cities of Black Hawk and Central, and a state-of-the-art recreation center and fairgrounds. Appointments fill up quickly, so it's best to schedule your appointment 3 to 4 weeks before your ceremony. You will receive a confirmation email detailing the process for issuing your license. Finally, let me note that if you're getting married in Gunnison County but you're from another place - even from another state - you can still get a marriage certificate in Gunnison and present it in Gunnison.

Andrew Clingingsmith
Andrew Clingingsmith

Hardcore coffee guru. Passionate beer evangelist. Incurable bacon enthusiast. Avid social mediaholic. Friendly internet trailblazer.

Leave Message

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *